Wednesday, November 20, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 10

Day 10: I am thankful for the abilities I still have and what I can still do despite the abilities I do not have. I remember waking up in ICU after my crash. I could only move and feel my neck and head, see, hear, and think. With my vision, I saw my body laying in a hospital bed, I saw countless tubes, and I saw the pain but also hope in my parents' eyes. With my hearing, I heard talk about my care from here on out and ultimately the devastating words that I was in a car accident and am now paralyzed. The harsh truth became more real as all my (then) present and future hopes and desires seemed to at once slip from my grasp. All I could do was cry but the more I did, the harder it was for me to breathe.
 

I know what it's like to lose everything, even more than the little I've shared, but it is in that loss that I learned how incredibly blessed I still am and how obliviously blessed we as a people are. What a blessing to be able to walk, move, feel, see, hear, speak, and think. What a blessing to be able to hop out of bed in the morning, take a shower, and work. Or to be able to go to the bathroom on your own. We are so blessed yet don't realize it. We complain and aren't satisfied with what we have while there are millions of people thirsting for our blessings.
 

I am so thankful for the abilities I have and praise God for them. He amazes me all day long for even allowing me to have what I have. Even though I can no longer use my fingers, there is still so much I can do. Even though I cannot move my legs, I still have a voice, my mind, and my faith and I will never give up. #ToGodBeTheGlory

No comments:

Post a Comment