Thursday, April 26, 2007

Update #5 (Injection Success)

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Wow I got an injection yesterday... 10,000 stem cells!! But its a slow process... normally 2 years, sometimes more; and I have to return every 3 months, continuing hardcore therapy & injections. We have planned 2 double injections for my next trip. A double injection is one injection w/ 2x the amount of stem cells. So my next trip will be a total of 40,000 stem cells!!
I had to lay down, off my back for 6 hours!! It was ridiculous. I tried to lay on my stomach but my neck & back muscles arn't strong enough so that didn't work and it made me ache everywhere that I can feel. I was in bed all day thursday and half the day friday. The injection side effects were a headache and an overall weak feeling... and I sure did get the effects.

It takes 10 days for the stem cells to reach the injured site. BUT... I told you about that cyst on my spinal cord right inbetween my injured area C4-C6. And if there is anything on your spinal cord, it can prevent the full potential effect of the stem cell treatment. So unfortunately, I'm gonna have to have surgery sometime in the near future :( which is expensive. I'm hoping we can do it in the states & that my insurance will pay for it.

Last Tuesday, we went out to the cool part of Moscow... and shopped. Thank God!! We went to this souvenir strip and used every bit of our money. Their currency is called "rubles" and there are 25 rubles to $1. We went sight seeing also and it was so awesome to get out of the clinic area. Wow dad found his Mt. Dew and got so excited. And OMG I finally saw a black person... and it made me feel like I was closer to home but he didn't speak Eng. And I need to get home ASAP. There's ONE english TV station and they show the same thing everyyyy day. I'm like, I know there's different stories... or is the same thing happening every day?? Gawwwdd I feel like I live here and I've aged 40 years.
We leave SUNDAY. I CANT wait to eat some chicken fried steak & Mexican food!! Dad said, "All they serve is meatloaf; with everything!"

No comments:

Post a Comment