Thursday, April 26, 2007

Update #1

Saturday, MARCH 17, 2007

Wow. thats all I can say about this place. It is amazing how far advanced Russia is in technology but how far behind they are culturally. I noticed that not many Russians wear deoderent so I asked this guy patient here from California, that speaks English and Russian if they don't wear deodorant here, and he said NO, they don't AND they don't brush their teeth. I don't really understand why, but anyways . . .

There is always someone knocking and coming in the room non-stop. And a lot of the Russians look pissed off. It's like common courtesy to smile when you make eye contact with someone in America but when I do over here, noboby wants to smile back at me. When I went to go get an xray, this Russian lady was real friendly and real happy for some reason but I didn't know why b/c she spoke NO English at all; and I started laughing and she pulled me into her as she was laughing too. It was a big wow moment.
This test is called EEG, looking at my brain.

This guy that keeps lifting me, does not smell good, or smile. But we gave him a praline from El Fenix to see if he would smile and he did lol. I just talked to my neurologist and they said I will start the stem cell process soon! They are going to hook up this filtering machine to me that will draw my blood and filter out the stem cells. Then over a few days, they are going to harvest my stem cells (enough for 20 injections) to be about 5million. Each time I come, I will get 2 injections. I have to also do hardcore therapy and continue it at home... its gonna be a lot of work!

I just cant get over how the guys that lift me when i have to go to xrays and stuff DEFINITELY dont wear deoderent and I get a big whiff of it everytime!! Today was the first time we got to go outside the Russian Clinic. I've been doing tests everyday. On thursday, they stuck this huge needle in my spinal cord and got a sample of my spinal fluid. Then they made me go straight to bed for 6 hrs (i had to be off my back). That put me out. Oh yeah they do have a mcdonalds. We ate food from there today. mmmmmm fish filet and fries. It was the bomb... really.
We went to a Russian market a couple blocks away today. They have some wierd & very unique stuff. They have rows of raw fish and meats and veggies and fruits. But the meat is like hanging from a string. It's disgusting. The outside market sells scarves, jewelry, clothes, purses, cigarettes, & drinks... normal stuff. Some things are cheaper for example, a carton of cigarettes out here is $10 vs. $40 in the US. And they have no tax out here.


LOve yOu aLL, T

No comments:

Post a Comment