Thursday, April 26, 2007

Update #2

FYI: These are my updates I wrote from Russia... I'm leaving them "as is".

Sunday, March 18, 2007

This is my translator, Alex & my Dad in the back, the woman was the one that performed electrical stimulation (E-Stem) on me, and my Physical Therapist (PT).

HEEEEYYY guys. I so desperately need to hear someone that speaks Texan.

Well Sunday was not fun at all. I woke up with autonaumic dysreflexia... real bad. Just FYI: Autonaumic Dysreflexia (AD) is the summary of the symptoms I get w/ pain or discomfort. For example: If you drop something heavy on your foot, you feel it and it's painful. With me, since I can't feel it, I get these other feelings/symptoms- sweating, hot flashes, goosebumps, pounding headache, just overall bad feeling. I had AD bc my catheter is having problems. I had to be in bed ALL day but my doctor gave me a pain pill that knocked me and my pain out completely the entire day. I've never had a pill like that. WOW. *Im gonna try to get the Russians to say "wow." lol However, today was a good day. I got up and got a massage on my hands/ arms. Then, a TV Crew from LA, California that is filming a documentary on stem cells filmed/interviewed me and my dad. But yay, Im gonna be in a documentary. The guys filming work with universal studios and said to expect the film at the end of the year. YAY!!

Then, I unfortunately had to go to the urologist for an examination. You know, I'm only 19 and I've had so many doctors and nurses and PCA's that had to "examine" me for whatever reason. It feels very uncomfortable and I'm still not used to it. There was like 5 people in there!! Like its really hard for me to deal w/ all these doctors, nurses, therapists... seeing me w/out clothes on. I feel like I'm on display and that I've been completely robbed of my privacy and modesty. I almost feel vandalized... esp. with the male doctors. But, I guess that comes with this horrible injury. So, the transfusion process will actually be tomorrow or wednesday. Please pray for the best, love you guys.
This is my dad and me in our room.This is my mom, me, and one of the Russian nurses.

PS Thx to my neighbors for the food; it's definitely coming in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment