Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Update #3

So what is today? Oh WEDNESDAY... Yayyy friday's almost here!

Well monday was a weird day. After we woke up and ate, the head hancho of the clinic and probably 7 more doctors came in with our GROOVY translator, basically discussing my case and their thoughts. They kept saying "Da" which means yes so I started saying it. Haha it was so funny. Something we noticed that they do here is wink... some do it with one eye and some do it with both eyes at once. It is like saying "Hello" or smiling, which we now know. At first, it was kinda odd; we were like wondering why everyone was winking at us. When all the doctors came in, they were all winking at me. So I started winking back and they all started laughing and speaking Russian. And nooo the translator did not translate that part!
And we SURE did go buy bacon at the market and fry it up for lunch. We brought a hot plate (a portble burner). So we opened the door, fried bacon and put on some prodigy music. I got my 2nd injection monday... the double dose. The 1st injection wasn't a double dose. And we got a picture this time. Just FYI: after an injection, I have to lay still for 6 hours. And the injection also drains ALL the fluid from my body, "let me tell ya"... as mom says. So by the time 6 hours was up, it was 9pm so I just stayed in bed the rest of the night. I did get a slight headache but it wasn't too bad.
Tuesday, I drank so much water it was ridiculous. Oh annnd we ordered pizza from Sbarro... was sooo good! Then I had therapy with Natacha. Most of the girls here share my sister's name, Natacha. I LOOVE my physical therapist. She is so fun and makes therapy fun. She even plays cool music that I listen too during therapy. Tuesday, all we seemed to do was dance :)

Then me and Tacha went to the market. I bought a headband and a shirt :) And yeah that was our excitement of the day. Today, I got a massage & I loove my massagist too. She's sweet and calls me "My Tonya." Mom went to the market and bought us more bacon, ham, 'American bread', and eggs. We had ham and cheese sandwiches and they were the BOMB! And tonight, we're definitely making BLTs... yum! I had therapy for about an hour and then went for a brain test, "EEG. " Now we're just hangin out watching Friday Night Lights that our friend here, Mike from Oklahoma loaned us.

Please continue to pray for us. XO!

No comments:

Post a Comment