Saturday, July 14, 2007

Update #2

We started saying random things outloud now since nobody understands us. Is pretty entertaining actually.

I got my first injection of this trip tuesday and it went smoothly. I had a headache afterwards like last time and felt dizzy but thats expected. I will most likely get me 2nd injection early next week. I had a test done thursday where an awesome neurologist sends shock signals throughout my body thru the nerves. And he speaks good English. He told me he was researching stem cell on google and my name popped up, my stem cell page. Isnt that weird? He was telling me how impressed he was :) My doctor told me that the results show my fingers will come back so yaay!

We went to this bar/ pool tables place... (that was cool)on thursday with this Spanish/Russian patient named Ladimir. Hes probably 50ish and his wife came and this other patient and his friend... mid-twenies(they only speak Russian & live in Moscow) They both are inlooooove with Tacha. So we get there and there are some steps but we still managed to get in. They ordered french fries for the first appetizer which was shocking but tasty! They served it with mayonaisse... it was gross. The second appetizer was sliced salami, raw bacon, and ham served with bread. I've never ate my bacon raw and I refuse to start now. The dinner was like chicken and vegetables mixed together with some kind of herbs all over coals. We were there for 3 hrs and came back to all the gates being locked and had to walk forever to the only gate still being guarded. It was just a really odd night.

Today, we went to the Red Square, Souvenir strip, and the HardRock Cafe. At the souvenir strip, I swear here were 20 brides & grooms & there parties there. We found out that alot of people in Russia go there after or for their wedding on Saturdays. The Red Square was beautiful... lots of architecture. We ate nachos n quesadillas at the Hard Rock Cafe. But the tour cost $200. We had fun today.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tonya - should like things are going better this trip. Glad you are getting out and having some fun. I talked to your Dad today and invited him and Billy for dinner but he said they were going for a fish fry at Billy's.

    I am so excited that the treatment is working on your fingers!! Keep up the postings. Lova ya, the Nelsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda says bring her a nesting doll and she will pay you for it unless it is a problem carrying it back. She said a 100 piece one (unless it is like $200).

    We went to church today. Tell your mom Happy Bday. I guess your Dad's is tomorrow.

    We miss you.

    Nelsons

    ReplyDelete