Monday, May 13, 2013

Life Update

Hello family and friends!


I have been good and just finished another semester of school. I have been at UNT for a year now studying social work and love it! I have been learning so much about people, society, behaviors, and especially, myself. I also have been growing a lot in my faith and spending a great deal of my time volunteering. I have been speaking for MADD since 2009 and for the YMCA since last June. And for a little over a year, I have been volunteering at Meals On Wheels as a "well check" caller to 55 clients every Monday. These three things - school, growth in faith, and volunteering - have opened many doors for me but more importantly, they have been preparing me for the life ahead of me and affirming the personal revelations from God about myself, my future, and my purpose. And I look forward to further opportunities to use my skills and talents once I graduate in May 2016 (from taking only two classes per semester)! My family has also been doing well (minus the major foundation work and sewer leaks in our house)! My boyfriend Billy recently started a new job which he enjoys and my sister Natacha moved to Colorado at the beginning of May with her boyfriend!

This summer I plan to continue volunteering but am interested in gaining experience with the homeless. We have one homeless shelter in my county and it happens to be in my hometown. I am not sure how I can help at the Samaritan Inn but I definitely plan to get plugged in. I also have plans to update my website (three new pages) and create several fundraisers for my boyfriend's best friend who is paralyzed. Be on the look out for his fundraisers!

No comments:

Post a Comment