Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Nanny June Scholl ~ July 2, 1937 - May 15, 2012

Please keep my family in your prayers. My Nanny (Dad's Mom) was diagnosed with a rapid form of cancer in January. We got a call last week that she took a turn for the worse - was bedridden, not hardly eating or drinking, and sleeping all day. Also, she had been talking to her deceased daughter and grandson aloud who were "calling her home" telling them that she was not ready and still had something she needed to do. Immediately after one of these instances, she told a family member to call my Dad because it was time. So on Friday, my parents and other family members traveled to Alabama to go see her. I wasn't able to go because it is too hard for family to care for me in a hotel bed but Billy (my boyfriend) and I did call her Friday night and told her that we love her. Last night when speaking with my parents, they said my Nanny was in so much pain that she was moaning continuously and the morphine was not working. I immediately started crying and praying for her to be in peace and free of pain. At 1:00 am this morning, as my family held hands with my Nanny around her bed, they told her that they loved her and then sang "Jesus Loves Me" and she took her last breath. Her cancer finally won the fight.

My Nanny was my last living grandparent. She was a great woman, friend, Mother, Grandmother, and Aunt. She was strong in her faith and a friend to everyone. She was a single mother to my Dad, Uncle, and Aunt and worked hard to support them. She inspired me to be the best I could be, to learn from my mistakes, to know the Lord, and be a loving person. I love her and miss her terribly already. 
I would like to ask if you could please keep my family in your prayers during this time.

Father,

I thank you for Nanny and the wonderful life she led through you. I ask Holy Spirit that her loved ones find rest in your comfort, peace, and guidance. Father, please be with them and let them feel your presence. Carry and cradle them through this storm. Cover them Lord with your protection and speak to them through their affliction. May good come from this situation. May hearts be saved and lives be changed. May those affected learn to trust in you and rely on you and be there for each other. May the broken relationships in this family be healed. May hearts be opened to forgiveness and filled with love. May they all realize what the important things in life are and never lose sight of them. We don't always understand our circumstances but I pray God that all will lean on you for understanding and know that you have our best interest at heart. May you be the strength and courage that we all need. I pray for acceptance and comfort in knowing Nanny is with you - praising, dancing, smiling, and rejoicing. May we always remember her lively encouraging spirit. Thank you God for your constant presence, for blessing us with Nanny and for answering our prayers. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. May God bless you.

1 comment:

  1. She was also an amazing cousin!! One of my favorites in fact! During my second pregnancy I experienced complications that nearly caused me to lose the baby. I will never forget June laying hands on my swollen belly and blessing us both with the most beautiful prayer I'd ever heard...I felt so much peace in that moment, I just knew my baby would be alright! And she was, she'll be 4 yrs old next month. June had the most amazing spirit and I thank God for every day she was in my life! May God continue to bless you and your family, Sweetie! Your cousin, Brandy

    ReplyDelete