Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Nanny's Obituary

June LaFaye Williams Scholl, age 74, born in Mobile, AL and a long time resident of Bay Minette, AL died Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at her residence. She worked at Scott Paper Company for over 20 years. She was a standing member of Pine Grove Baptist Church in Bay Minette and Healing Waters Church. She was an amazing Christian woman who enjoyed attending church and spending time with her family.


She is survived by her husband, Edward D. Scholl of Bay Minette, AL; her children, Gerry and Nelda Winchester of McKinney, TX and David Wixey of Bay Minette, AL; three sisters, Lavelle Franklin and Gloria Duck both of Bay Minette, AL and Pam Albert of Orlando, FL; her daughter-in-law, Joyce Wixey of Inverness, FL; five grandchildren, Josh Glover, Jason Wixey, Tonya Winchester, Tacha Winchester and Chastity Wixey and four great grandchildren, Sadie Glover, Jackson Glover, Rex Wixey and Skyler Wixey.

She was preceded in death by her parents, Heggard Ray and Ann Estelle Williams; her daughter, Kathy Wixey; a sister, Mary Murphy and a grandson, Jody Glover.



"Obituaries: June LaFaye Williams Scholl." Norris Funeral Home. 16 May 2012. Web. May 20 2012. http://norrisfuneralservice.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1482108.

My Guestbook Entry:
"Nanny, you were such a great person and an absolute inspiration. I am so thankful for the extra time God gave us to know each other more intimately. I look forward to seeing you again and praising our God together. I love and miss you so much Nanny!"

Her funeral was Friday, May 19th but I was not able to attend due to accommodation issues in hotels. I was in my van listening to the radio at the start time of her funeral and at that exact moment, the song "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe came on. It put things in perspective for me and made me realize how she is in the presence of our Almighty God, filled with joy, and completely free of pain. I instantly gained a sense of peace. Please continue to keep my family in your prayers. Thank you.



"MercyMe - I Can Only Imagine." Youtube. 27 Sept 2010. Web. 20 May 2012. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lrrq_opng.

If video does not work, it can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lrrq_opng.

No comments:

Post a Comment