Monday, August 22, 2011

My 24th Birthday

Yesterday was my 24th birthday! Thursday, we went over to Billy's Mom's house and she made chicken alfredo. Friday, Billy took me to Applebee's and we rented the movie "Takers." Saturday, I had fun at Posados with my girls. And yesterday, we went to the 11 AM church service at the Covenant Church in McKinney, enjoyed lunch at Rockfish with my parents, Billy, and the Nelsons; and then enjoyed dinner (chicken fried chicken and pork, mixed vegetables, and macaroni) at Billy's brother's house. Yum Yum Yum!

At church, I learned that God calls those who are weak, not noble, not mighty, and not wise SO THAT if they chose to answer and obey their callings, HE can make them strong, noble, mighty, and wise.

1 Corinthians 1:26-31 (GNT) - Now remember what you were, my friends, when God called you. From the human point of view few of you were wise or powerful or of high social standing. God purposely chose what the world considers nonsense in order to shame the wise, and he chose what the world considers weak in order to shame the powerful. He chose what the world looks down on and despises and thinks is nothing, in order to destroy what the world thinks is important. This means that no one can boast in God's presence. But God has brought you into union with Christ Jesus, and God has made Christ to be our wisdom. By him we are put right with God; we become God's holy people and are set free. So then, as the scripture says, Whoever wants to boast must boast of what the Lord has done.

I feel so happy and blessed beyond words. God saved me on June 16, 2005 and since then has blessed me with 7 birthdays, revealed the areas of my life that needed corrected, opened my heart to forgiveness, and allowed me to see just how much my parents, sister, and boyfriend love me. Thank you God. I love you Mom, Dad, Tacha, and Billy so much. AND God has answered 4 of my prayers this week in my favor. Thank you God. When we obey God, even in small ways, “we find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand—out in the wide open spaces of God’s grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise.” (Romans 5:2 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment