Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Parents!

This past weekend, my parents (whose birthdays are five days apart) celebrated their birthdays at a Lake Lavon camp site. My sister flew in for five days to help take care of me while our parents enjoyed some alone time. We went out to the camp site on our Dad's birthday (July 16th) with presents in hand. My boyfriend Billy and I gave my Dad a new pair of dress shoes while my sister gave my Dad a Racetrac gift card!

We grilled bratwursts and turkey dogs to perfection! The scorching heat was the only down side. Ever since my accident, my body does not sweat and therefore does not regulate temperature. When I get real hot or cold, it takes several hours for my body to cool off or warm up. When we were at the camp site, I had to constantly pour water on my head and neck. It was a bit overwhelming.

Last night, we had a shrimp fest! After my Dad peeled shrimp, My Mom beer-battered and deep-fried them and then made mashed potatoes and corn-on-the-cob while my sister boiled shrimp and sauteed a veggie mixture! Then, we presented my Dad with a chocolate pie and my Mom with a red velvet cake. Birthday celebrations always taste so wonderful! I am so thankful that God has blessed me with an amazing family, a land rich in food and clean water, and finances to purchase what we have and use. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment