Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October 25, 2010

Yesterday was an amazing day. It started with me speaking at Blue Ridge HS in the morning on behalf of MADD for red ribbon week. This was my first time speaking at a high school which is the main reason I wanted to team up with MADD. The school body was about 200 total. As the lights dimmed so that my powerpoint would display, the students entered the gym and I began to speak. The students were very attentive, more so than I expected based on my experience in school when we would have speakers come. After praying for the stuents for a couple of weeks - that they would be receptive to my message - I sensed that they those that needed to hear it and fully grasp it did. Afterwards, one of the students thanked me as they were dismissed as well as some of the faculty which was nice. Hopefully, my message will stick with them more than just a couple of days, but the rest of their lives.

Yesterday was also mine and Billy's anniversary! Billy and I celebrated 8 years together. We actually decided to start celebrating on Saturday, October 23rd. We ate at Chili's and rented the movie "Killers" with Ashton Kutcher. It was surprisingly very good. On Monday after I spoke at Blue Ridge HS, we went out to eat at IHOP with my Mom. We celebrated the rest of the night watching the Cowboys unfortunately fall apart... But atleast we have the Rangers doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment