Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nix Reunion

Yesterday was our family reunion. We met at a family-owned restaurant in Forney, TX. I think about 50 came. It was so nice to see everyone but at the same time, I found myself feeling sad. My Grandma's siblings and spouses aren't doing well. It is a reality check when you finally get to see them but realize how old they have gotten. They are all in their mid-70's and 80's. The deaths of Uncle Billy, Uncle Johnnie, and Aunt Janette have really made an impact on the family. I think it has aged everyone. My Mom's Uncle Wesley was on oxygen, could barely move and now uses a walker since the death of his wife. I went to visit my Mom's Uncle Cecil and his wife after the reunion and they have aged just as well. I sensed a bit of lonliness in all of them.

Lord, I just pray that they will lean on you and know that you are with them. I don't know if they are saved but I pray for their salvation and a mighty strengthening of their faith. May they find comfort in you. May their pain and lonliness disappear. I pray for them to find peace. In Jesus' name, Amen.

*Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment