Friday, February 3, 2012

My Nanny

At the beginning of January, we received a saddening phone call that my Nanny was in the ER, had a stroke, and may have damaged the part of her brain that controls balance and memory. My parents, sister, boyfriend, and I left the next day and drove to Alabama to see her. When I finally saw her, she looked like her old self but had lost weight and appeared very weak. I hugged and kissed her and told her that I loved her.


We soon heard that her doctors discovered cancer in her esophagus (near her stomach) and brain. I immediately felt sick and weak myself. She is my only grandparent left. My Dad and his brother were raised by her alone and are very close to her. Death and age are so difficult to bear. Especially when it is a loved one. She is now using oxygen and has to lay down every three hours from being so tired and to relieve her constant headaches. They called in hospice three weeks ago.



Please keep her and our family in your prayers. She is a great and strong woman who has been an inspiration to me throughout my life. Father, I pray for your will to be done in this situation. I lift up my Nanny and I pray God that she will be strengthened where she is weak, held when she cannot hold up anymore, comforted, and continued to be used for your purposes till her last breath. Father, please bring health to her body and nourishment to her bones. God, please use this situation for good. I pray God that we will lean to you for understanding. Please heal the broken relationships and hardened angry hearts in this family. I pray that your Holy presence be felt. Please allow her to eat and keep her food down and surround her with love. May she know you are with her. I pray for the salvation of those in this family that do not know you Jesus. May your love feel ever more real to them. I pray all of this in your Holy and Mighty name Jesus, Amen. Thank you Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment