Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November 2, 2010

Yesterday, I spoke at Collin College on behalf of MADD and Red Ribbon Week. I have been speaking for MADD for officially one year this month and I finally felt ready to share my story with my fellow College students and faculty. Therefore, through the help of the Collin College Program Coordinator Michael Gregorash, we were able to set up this event and titled it "Drinking and Driving: Yes, It Can Affect You!"

An audience of about 65 attended including some personal invitations of mine: Denise Crabtree, Helen Doughty, Linda Greenwood, Renee Mooney, and Del Newberry. I feel that this was my best speech yet. I included drug and alcohol-related statistics and facts which were astounding to discover upon researching. Please visit http://www.madd.org/, www.AbovetheInfluence.com/facts, and http://www.acde.org/common/Contents.htm for more information on drugs and alcohol. We were able to film this speech and I plan to post it on my Website and on Facebook as soon as I am finished with finals.

Thank you Collin College for having me and thank you to everyone who attended!

No comments:

Post a Comment