Monday, July 21, 2008

JUSTICE has been served!

So I've been waiting for my trial to come for about 2 1/2 years now (concerning my wreck). And I finally have some good news. The trial has been postponed about 5 times! The most recent trial date was set for this tuesday (July 22). Originally (like a year ago) the max sentence the guy could get that was drivin my car was 10 years for intoxicated assault and fleeing the scene. And he pleaded to 10 years. Then I guess after he thought about it, he fired that lawyer and got a new one. The DA of my case then posted 2 more charges on him, assault with a deadly weapon (my car) as one of them making the new max sentence 20 years.

I've been dreading the thought of going to trial and giving my testimony. I've been praying about it and God is a God of JUSTICE when you pray with faith. So this past week he pleaded to 15 years. My DA just sentenced him friday and on tuesday my family and I are giving our victim's response to him. He cannot respond. I'm like nervous and don't know exactly what to say. Please keep me in your prayers. I need strength through this.

My thing is... WHY WOULD HE LEAVE ME AND THE OTHERS TO DIE? We all were unconscious by this 18 wheeler crash. We all were abandoned by someone we trusted. And he had the nerve to pull me out of my crushed physical state over the driver's seat laying me face down on the pavement to make it look like I was driving. I was not breathing when paramedics arrived. He had a phone on him. He could have called 911. Instead, like a cruel unhuman devilish coward, he left us. I basically died there as a fresh graduate. A fresh beginning to my life was instantly robbed from me... forever. I can't walk; I can't feel. It kills me when people take life for granted. You can walk. You can run. You can feel. Look at life as a blessing. You are blessed. Every breath; every blink; every footstep is a gift from God. I just pray that what has unfortunately happened to me can give you a new perspective on life. Love your life. Love one another. Live. Learn. PRAY.


"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." (1 John 1:7)

2 comments:

  1. Tonya, I have been reading on your website all morning. Like always, I cant help but get the chills. I truly think that you are an inspiration to ALL people, not just those that are paralyzed. You're right, if you can walk, feel etc. than there is no room to complain about anything. I am blessed and honored to be a part of your life. You have given me reason to believe in miracles. I have made copies of your flyers for the golf tournament and a copy of your story to pass around at work. I hope to get as many people interested as possible. You have so many talents and are so beautiful! I just adore you.
    Best Regards,
    Tia Leach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thx Tia! That made my day! You're so sweet :) <3 T

    ReplyDelete