Thursday, May 8, 2008

Blood clot

Yesterday when I first got in my chair, I felt bad and blood was coming out of my catheter. So my first reaction was to drink tons of water. Well after an hour and a half, I still didn't urinate at all. I started havind AD (Autonaumic Dysreflexia) which is the symptoms spinal cord injury persons get instead of pain. It involves sweating, hot flashes, chills with goosebumps, clammy/cold hands, pounding headache, and jusst an overall bad feeling. It feels like my body is sweating on the inside.

Anyway, I realized my catheter was clogged. So we used this syringe type thing that flushes out the catheter. We put some water in it and flushed out my bladder. And this big blood clot and tons of calcium deposits came out. Calcium deposits are from me not using my legs... I loose calcium which looks like sand granules. I immediately started feeling better but it was so scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment